Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Introduction - READ FIRST

Trying to get started in this foreign world of blogging. I'm using this mostly as a way to keep track of my videos and my progression through film and editing. It is by far the funnest hobby I have gotten into. Film and editing that is. I've been drifting for the past 6+ years, but I'm currently in the process of buying a house, so that has since stopped. Although it is depressing, selling car parts and saving for a house will pay dividends in the long run. Luckily, I've found something that has grabbed my attention far more than drifting.

The most enjoyable aspect of film is, it is as great as you want it to be. A mentor of mine always tells me, "Editing is what ever you make it. There is no right or wrong way to making a film, do what feels right". If someone absolutely hates a video I make, there is a great chance someone else will absolutely adore it. I've never been blessed with the skill to paint a beautiful portrait, or having a creative mind to scribble out a master piece, so being able to create art through film and video editing is amazing.

So far the tools I have acquired to create my Sistine Chapel are as follows:
Canon HV20 HDV Camcorder
Velbon Video-Mate 607 Tripod
Rode VideoMic Microphone
Tiffen Telephoto Lens
Merkury Optics Wide Angle Lens with Macro Lens
Multiple lens filters and Hoods
A home made top handle my dad and recently I made
And I just purchased a Velbon DL-11 Tripod Dolly that has not even been shipped yet
And my beloved MacBook with Final Cut Pro 6.0, the greatest thing ever invented.

I have 3 current videos I will post soon. I can already see some form of progress from the first to the most recent. If there are any question, you can ask me directly at localstreethero@gmail.com
Hopefully this will be something you will be interested in to check back from time to time. Be ready for HD videos, as well as some photos for I
might jump into that realm someday.

Thank you,
Local Street Hero
Andrew Z.

No comments: